Without further adieu, here is our first Pose of the Week posting! Stay tuned every Friday for the new additions to this collection.
- You can pretend to eat, draw, have a conversation, or do anything else someone might do while sitting in a chair.
- Once sitting in your chair, you can blast off into space! Inhale reach up, exhale bend your knees a little more – do this while counting backwards….3-2-1…then BLASTOFF by jumping up into the air and bringing your arms back down to your side.
- Turn it into a breathing exercise by reaching up to stand tall on your inhale, then pull your arms down by your sides (elbows bent) while making fists as you exhale to sit.
- Instead of reaching up to the sky, reach your arms straight forward in front of you. Imagine you are bouncing down a snowy mountain, or maybe on the waves behind a boat.
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves & spine
- Stretches shoulders and chest
- Stimulates abdominal organs, diaphragm and heart
- Turn your chair into a double chair with a partner! Grasping your partner’s wrists/hands/forearms, slowly begin to lean back and sit into your chair – feeling each other’s weight. Let your hips sink down into the full chair pose as you counterbalance together. To come up, pull your partner’s arms towards you as they do the same!
SO many fun ways to play in chair! I hope this posting gives you a fresh perspective on a timeless posture. Please comment with any other ways that you love to practice chair with your little ones!
As always, let your creativity & light SHINE! Be your brightest, boldest, you-est self you can be.